Monday, November 16, 2009

Party Time Excellent!

On Friday I went to a surprise 30th birthday party for one of Coralie's (my cousin) friends. Anyone else turning 30 this year because this was the third 30th I've been to in the last month? The dinner was held at the birthday girl's sister-in-law's farmhouse and it was an absolute blast. We started off with delicious fruit drinks (all I heard was vodka, triple sec and mangos and I was sold), appetizers galore and a five course meal with a palette cleansing sorbet between courses. We had our first courses and then went into the garage to play a game called "Nails". Since this was a farmhouse there were huge logs in the garage, we decided to see who could hammer their nail into the wood in the fastest. Apparently when you are drinking and hammering away at nails, it's the funniest thing in the world and it seriously was a hoot and a holler. We were having so much fun that we didn't even start the main course until midnight. Shrimp drenched in garlic butter, homemade tater tots (got tots Quinn?) with prosciutto wrapped greenbeans...and two lasagna sized pans of tiramisu (one normal and the other made with speculoos). Seriously I'm getting the recipe and we're having speculoos tiramisu for Christmas. The menu rivaled that of Cat's and I'd love to see these two ladies do an Iron Chef face off because it would be great - and I'd love to eat it too. I didn't take any pictures of the food, but I can say that I'm still happily full from Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment